About the European Parliament Information Office in the UK
Our job is to raise awareness of the European Parliament (EP) and the EU generally, and to encourage you to vote in European parliamentary elections. We are not politicians (that's the task of your MEPs) and are not there to influence your views about the EU.
- We hold lots of public events at Europe House and across the country, bringing stakeholders and the public together with their MEPs, academics and think-tanks.
- We organise press briefings and keep the media informed of news stories from Brussels and Strasbourg.
- Every year, we answer thousands of enquiries, distribute publications and attend exhibitions nationwide.
- We work closely with teachers, educationalists and bodies involved in active citizenship to produce and distribute free and neutral resources about the EP and EU.
- Our outreach team develops links with trade bodies, professions, companies, NGOs and anyone else who has an interest in European affairs and the role of the EP.