There are 6 MEPs representing Scotland. On 22nd May, 33.5% of the electorate in Scotland voted and elected 6 MEPs to represent them in the European Parliament for a 5 year term. They took office on 1st July 2014.
Scotland's Members of the European Parliament (MEPs)
About the office
The European Parliament operates an Information Office in the national capitals of all 28 EU Member States. Since 1999, it has also operated a smaller 'branch' office in the larger Member States, opening offices in Barcelona, Edinburgh, Marseilles, Milan, Munich and Wrocław.
The European Parliament Office in Edinburgh aims to help increase awareness of the Parliament and the impact of its activities in Scotland as well as highlighting the work of the six Scottish Members of the European Parliament (MEPs).
The Office is located in Edinburgh, near the Scottish Parliament at Holyrood. We have three members of staff and are open 9.00-17.30 Monday to Friday.
- We produce leaflets, posters, wall-charts and gadgets, many of which are available to order free of charge
- We respond to queries about the European Parliament from members of the public, journalists and private, public and voluntary sector organisations
- We provide educational resources on EU matters for teachers
- We help identify and provide speakers for EU-related seminars, debates and events
- We assist and advise the European Parliament and its UK Office on matters relating to Scotland.